SmartHours - Arkansas
Take control of your summer electricity bills with simple changes in your energy use and a new price plan. It’s simple. Go off peak—when energy costs less—and start saving.
SmartHours Pricing (June 1 to September 30)
How SmartHours works:
It costs more to generate electricity on summer weekdays from 2 to 7 p.m., those are peak hours. But all other times—from 7 at night until 2 p.m. the next day—are off peak. During these times, electricity costs significantly less, about half the price of a standard plan. Those 19 hours each weekday, as well as weekends and holidays, are yours to enjoy the savings. But you have to sign up, shifting energy usage alone won't save you money, so pick the right plan for you...
It’s that easy to enjoy off-peak pricing from 7 at night until 2 p.m. the next day—that’s 19 hours each weekday—plus all weekends and national holidays. So all summer you’ll find shifting a little of your electricity use can cut your energy costs considerably. And you’ll also find it’s easier than you think, many customers have made small changes to save …
- Do laundry and run your dishwasher anytime except 2-7 p.m.
- Cook later in the evenings, or on mornings or weekends.
- Turn off lights, TVs and computers when not in use.
- Pre-cool your home before 2 p.m., then turn up the thermostat after 2 p.m.
- Shut off pool and hot tub pumps during peak hours (without affecting water quality). There's more, too.
You will not pay any more. In fact, you should pay less.
OG&E’s SmartHours Price Plans are no risk to you. During your first year, OG&E promises to credit your account the full difference if you pay more for electricity used than you would have on the rate you were on prior to SmartHours—you’ve got nothing to lose.
Join OG&E's SmartHours, then track your savings on the free
myOGEpower online tool.
Right now, you have anytime access to myOGEpower. This mobile-friendly online tool lets you see your energy use in incredible detail, so you can track and manage electricity more efficiently—to lower your bills. It’s free too, just activate your account at myOGEpower.com today.
- Take advantage of lower off-peak rates.
- Advance notice of tomorrow's peak price.
- Anytime access to myOGEpower.