TipsSeeing the Light

Here are a few simple but powerful steps to help you use energy much more efficiently — and more are available at oge.com.
  • Turn off lights. Try motion sensors that turn off lights automatically when there's no activity in a room.
  • Automatic on/off timers can reduce your energy use and increase security by making a house seem occupied even when people are away.
  • Invest in high-quality, energy-efficient lightbulbs. The price of a bulb is only 5%-10% of the total cost, while the other 90%-95% is the cost of electricity it uses. That's why compact fluorescent lightbulbs (CFLs) are an energy-wise choice.
  • Keep fixtures and bulbs clean. Dirt is not only unsightly, but can absorb up to 50% of the light.
  • Use dimmers to control the amount of light that you need in a room. Dimming lights by half cuts energy consumption by almost half.

For more energy-saving tips and money-saving projects, visit www.oge.com or call an OG&E specialist at 1-800-272-9741.

POSTED IN:   Energy At Home   Energy At Work  
 
 
 
LATEST TIPS & ADVICE